Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wei

The theme of atelier 7 this year is exploring the relationship between wall fragment and food. Trying to connect them by mechanism.
My favorite food is Chinese egg fried rice. The trait of egg fired rice is sound : during cooking process, according to the traditional Chinese cooking methods, chef will produce a kind of special and hurried sounds. I’m going to creat a mechanism/ kiosk as a instrument. People will appreciate the special sound when they’re eatting/ cooking.
Project 1 is to design a mechanism that helps myself appreciate egg fried rice and wall fragment. I designed a mechanism which can produce heat by itself, then I’ll cook egg fried rice and appreciate the special through a headphone which is part of mechanism.
Project 2 is to design a take away kiosk. I was trying to make the kiosk as a music instrument that people can appreciate sound when they’re waitting their food inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment