Friday, February 6, 2009

Vipin, on-the-go

PROSTHETICS
[Design a prosthetic that will combine my favourite food, my body and one of the remains of London wall]

‘Gâteau piment’, meaning Chilli cake was the food I chose to be my favourite one. Whilst analysing its state when being deep fried, I found out that the snack, being made of chick peas, has fat and lipids sticking on the surface of the soft core. Taking this into consideration, I decided about having my prosthetics all over my body. ‘Cooking-on-the-go’ was then my idea for the project. While I’ll be doing my choreography on top of the London wall, I’ll be generating enough electricity to cook my snack.

KIOSK
[Design a kiosk to serve your food, one customer at a time]

The kiosk design originates from the prosthetic design we earlier did at the start of the term: it is simply a bigger version of those artificial structures that were placed on my body. My moving kiosk cooks and serves ‘Gâteau piment’ to the previously ‘swallowed’ customer in the tropically temperate space, me powering it by peddling.





No comments:

Post a Comment